Business Benefit :-
Annual appraisals completed effectively, can be an opportunity to reenergise, motivate and focus staff on their key objectives. Completed badly, they can demotivate staff and undermine their relationship with their manager and the organisation.
Duration 1 Day
TOL – This can be booked as a Time Optimised Learning course
Who should attend?
Anyone currently in a role or moving into a role where they will be responsible for conducting appraisals.
- Explain the purpose of the appraisal process
- Produce a preparation check list for appraisals
- Explain the difference between “Performance Management” and “Personal Development”
- Describe an effective format for appraisal interviews
- Develop a personal action plan to implement the learning
- The purpose of appraisals
- Performance management
- Setting S.M.A.R.T objectives
- Preparing for the meeting
- A format for appraisal interviews
- Key appraisal skills and behaviours
- Feedback skills
- Personal development plans