Business Benefit :-
Most organisations recognise that “First Line Management” is a pivotal role in the success of a business or project. Without a sound understanding of the manager’s role and a good grasp of the basic skills, many may struggle, flounder and possibly fail. This course provides that understanding and kickstarts the development of those skills.
Duration 1 Day
TOL – This can be booked as a Time Optimised Learning course
Who should attend?
This Course is invaluable for everybody involved in working with people, projects or information. Those new to management who need to acquire and develop management skills. Also experienced managers who would benefit from reacquainting themselves with the basics.
- Define the purpose and objectives of the management role
- Understand the different ways people manage and identify the most successful management behaviours
- Describe the basic principles of Team Building
- Demonstrate how to manage the performance of individuals and teams
- Understand what motivates people and how to develop that motivation
- Demonstrate the key skills of Coaching
- Produce a Personal Development Plan that will help you implement the learning
- Defining the management role
- Management Styles – what works best?
- Essential behaviours for successful management
- Team Building – what is the process? How do we manage it?
- Performance Management – how to make objectives and targets actually work
- Motivation – dispelling the myths and applying the reality
- The two basic approaches to effectives coaching
- Creating an action plan to develop management skills in the workplace