Basic Reading & Written Communication
Business Benefit :-
Reading and writing are skills most of us take for granted, but often our jobs require us to read or write documents which are more complex or technical than our day to day correspondence. Other times we may need to read a very lengthy document and have very little time in which to understand its content. This course is designed to help delegates deal with such challenges.
Duration 1 Day
TOL – This can be booked as a Time Optimised Learning course
Who should attend?
Anyone who wishes to ensure good reading and communication skills.
- Identify your own reading type
- Demonstrate different ways of reading text
- Explore scanning and skimming
- Describe the stages in analytical reading
- Write in a constructive and disciplined way
- Identify and correct misused words
- Understand how to construct clear sentences
- Demonstrate how to use punctuation effectively
- Explain common mistakes
- The benefits
- Ways of reading texts
- Reviewing and recall
- Structures of text
- Message construction