Better Business Cases Foundation and Practitioner
Better Business Cases is a systematic and objective approach to all stages of the business case development process that sits alongside and complements the HM Treasury’s Green Book guidance. The course and examination are based on The Five Case Model, the UK government’s best practice approach to planning spending proposals and enabling effective business decisions. This provides a step-by-step guide to developing a business case, by: Establishing a clear need for intervention – a case for change Setting clear objectives – what you want to achieve from the investment Considering a wide range of potential solutions – ensuring an optimal balance of benefits, cost and risk Putting the arrangements in place to successfully deliver the proposal – To be able to write a business case to a standard of the qualification.
Duration 5 Days
Who Should Attend?
The course is relevant to those responsible for developing and producing spending proposals or their assessment and approval; in particular:
- Accounting Officers – responsible for delivering public value;
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs), Programme Directors and Project Managers, responsible for successful delivery;
- Directors of Finance, procurement and planning, responsible for the forward planning and prioritization of spending proposals;
- Members of approvals and management boards with responsibility for scrutinizing or approving spending proposals.
There are no prerequisites required prior to attending this course.
By the end of the course i will have learnt…
- The importance of the business case
- Types of business cases
- The Five Case model
- An improved understanding of the Better Business Case process
- Understanding of an established and proven methodology which can be applied at both strategic (macro) and tactical (micro) level
- Core business competency for any manager or director
- Strategic Outline Programme (SOP) for policy, regulation and grants programmes.
- The Business Case Development from the Strategic Outline Case (SOC) to the Outline Business Case (OBC) to the Full Business Case (FBC) for major projects.
- Business Justification Case (BJC) for minor spending proposals.
- The 10 step delivery process.
- The key roles in the business case development.
Each course has time for discussions and group exercises giving you the chance to discuss your own projects and how the BBC course can be adopted and adapted to your organisation.
The purpose of the foundation certification is to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the guidance to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a team to develop a business case using the Five Case Model.
- Multiple Choice
- 50 questions
- 25 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book.
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether you have achieved sufficient understanding of the theory and application of the Five Case Model to allow them to effectively develop and produce a business case. A successful Practitioner candidate should be able to start applying the model to a real project.
- Objective testing
- 4 questions per paper, with 20 marks available per question
- 40 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- 2 ½ hours duration
- Open book exam (Delivering Public Value from Spending Proposals: Green Book Guidance on Public Sector Business Cases Using the Five Case Model only).
£1695 + VAT per person, per course!
Business Benefit :- One of the most important factors in determining the success of an operation is the level of motivation within the people involved. Highly motivated individual..More Info
Business Benefit:- Understanding Emotional Intelligence can make the difference between average and excellent performance within people...More Info
Business Benefit :- Most organisations recognise that First Line Management is a pivotal role in the success of a business or project...More InfoReservation£795.00
Business Benefit :- Effective teamwork is one of the cornerstones to productivity. A well lead, cohesive team can not only produce excellent results but do so consistently. This c..More Info
Business Benefit :- Performance Management plays a key role in ensuring that those all important business goals are met. This course enables managers to break down organisational ..More Info
Business Benefit :- This half day course reviews all the legal requirements for maternity, parental, paternity, adoption and dependant leave, using practical examples and case stu..More Info