Business Benefit :-
How much time, effort and money is lost when things go wrong in the workplace due to a breakdown in communication? At the very least, the answer must be, “lots”! Whether it is face to face, via the telephone or in writing, poor communication probably accounts for more day to day problems in business than any other single factor. This course will help to overcome these communication problems.
Duration 1 Day
Who Should Attend?
This course is invaluable for those who want to strengthen their communication skills and enhance their ability to interact with others.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of communicating accurately, concisely and, in a way that is likely to get understanding and co-operation
- Choose the correct media with which to communicate a message
- Understand how to use that media to its optimum effect
- Demonstrate the key skills of communicating by phone, e-mail and face to face
- Complete a post course action plan to implement the learning
- The cost of poor communication.
- Barriers to effective communication.
- The three elements of communication
- Choosing the right way to communicate a message
- Using e-mail effectively
- Getting the point across on the phone
- Effective face to face with individuals and with groups
- Post course implementation plans