Conducting Successful Meetings
Business Benefit :-
The amount of time that is wasted attending badly planned and badly run meetings has now reached epic proportions in many organisations. Understanding when meetings are absolutely necessary and how to make them run effectively in the shortest possible time is what this course is all about. It aims to give delegates the skills to organise meetings that actually are worth attending and the insight to know when a meeting is not necessary.
Duration 1 Day
TOL – This can be booked as a Time Optimised Learning course
Who should attend?
Anyone who attends or runs meetings on a regular basis
- Understand the concept and purpose of meetings
- Demonstrate the methodology for planning an effective meeting
- Describe the roles people adopt in meetings
- Demonstrate the skills for dealing with ‘difficult’ attendees
- Explain the role of chairperson.
- Create a personal implementation plan
- Understanding the concept of a meeting
- What is the worth & cost of the meeting?
- Planning your meeting
- Roles within meetings
- Opening Address
- Control of the group
- Being constructive
- Getting a decision
- When to defer Active Listening
- Taking Minutes
- Problems with meetings
- Turning negative actions into positive results