Counselling Skills in the Workplace
The working population spend a large part of their lives in the workplace and sometimes work and personal problems can diminish their performance and affect their well being. Timely appropriate help and support from a colleague could prevent the problem escalating and resulting in stress and under performance. This course aims to give delegates the skills to offer that support.
Duration 1 Day
Who should attend?
Anyone who may be required to offer help and support to others in the working environment.
- Practise the skills and attitudes involved in helping colleagues to solve their own problems.
- Understand what counselling can achieve and what its limitations are.
- Demonstrate how to use listening and supporting skills.
- Explore and practise ‘person-centred’ problem solving.
- Describe the difference between counselling and other forms of support and guidance.
- What are Counselling Skills and how are they used in the workplace?
- The positive uses of ‘power’.
- Adopting the correct attitude for counselling.
- The skills of active listening.
- Being disciplined with time.
- The ‘person-centred’ framework for problem solving.
- When and how to confront and challenge.
- Practising the skills of reflecting and summarising.
- Action plans.
Business Benefit:- Whilst many organisations have a competency framework in place not all staff understand the value and purpose of the framework. This can impact on things such as..More Info
Business Benefit :- Many of the skills involved in effectively managing staff rely upon close contact, observation and continuous communication, so special skills are required to ..More Info
Business Benefit :- Most organisations recognise that "First Line Management" is a pivotal role in the success of a business or project. Without a sound understanding of the manag..More Info
Business Benefit:- Understanding Emotional Intelligence can make the difference between average and excellent performance within people...More Info
Business Benefit:- Assertive communication is often the difference between achieving a productive outcome and ending up with disagreement. Relationships between managers and staff ..More Info
Business Benefit:- Are great leaders born or can everyone learn Leadership Skills and become a great leader? It is often said that the difference between an organisation that doe..More Info