Disciplinary, Absence & Grievance
Business Benefit :-
To have an understanding of employment law and the organisations HR procedures is important for managers. Not only to protect the organisation from litigation, but also to ensure that staff will be treated fairly and impartially should these procedures be brought into play. This course provides that understanding and helps to build a managers confidence when dealing with difficult situations.
Duration 1 Day
TOL – This can be booked as a Time Optimised Learning course
Who should attend?
Anyone who may have to deal with disciplinary procedures or involved in managing absenteeism.
- Describe the organisations employment policies and procedures
- Explain the disciplinary procedure.
- Maintain disciplinary records
- Recognise and address team attitudes and behaviours
- Demonstrate effective methods for recording and assessing absence from work
- Demonstrate the skills needed to conduct effective “back to work” interviews
- Create a post course implementation plan
- Organisational employment policies
- Discipline procedures
- Keeping supporting records and monitoring the disciplinary process
- Understanding the staff grievance procedure
- Legal aspects of disciplinary and grievance processes
- Employment Legislation
- Interpersonal behaviour and support skills to maintain discipline at work
- Supporting individuals to meet requirements
- Recording and assessing attendance.
- Managing absence
- Return to work interviews
- Benefits of using employee assistance programmes