Effective Written Communication
Business Benefit :-
Producing effective written communication has always been important in a well run organisation. The opportunities opened up by word processor software mean that more and more staff are expected to be able to produce high quality written communication.
Duration 1 Day
Who should attend?
Managers or staff who wish to improve their written communication skills and report writing.
- Define the impact of communication
- Examine email etiquette
- Set SMART objectives for reports
- Demonstrate how to organise into related groups
- Identify the types of argument
- Describe a classic report structure
- Review the role of a thesis statement
- Examine the importance of an Intro and Conclusion
- Examine the use of plain English
- Apply techniques to make a report readable
- Identify how to package the report
- The definition and impact of communication
- Email the advantages and disadvantages
- Mail standards and abbreviations
- 32 tips on email etiquette
- The importance and benefits of reports
- What types of report?
- Corporate templates
- 6 stages of report writing
- Introduction styles
- What is a thesis statement
- Tips on conclusions
- Why is grammar so important
- Using plain English
- How to improve readability
- Packaging the report