Embedding an Understanding of Competencies
Whilst many organisations have a competency framework in place not all staff understand the value and purpose of the framework. This can impact on things such as annual appraisals being completed effectively and general performance management issues.
Duration 1 Day
Who should attend?
This is a workshop for managers and HR specialists consisting of facilitated discussion and exercises on the Competency Framework.
- Fully appreciate why a competency framework exists
- Understand the differences between technical and behavioural competencies
- Understand how and when competencies will be measured
- Establish what competencies are and the difference between Technical Competencies (skills, knowledge and experience needed to do the job) and Behavioural Competencies (“How we do things round here.”)
- Define the Culture of the organisation (what are the ‘symbols’ and ‘stories’ of your culture?)
- Examine and discuss – ‘The Cultural Web.’ ( “Exploring Strategic Change”)
- Look at the relationship between the Culture and the Competency Framework and consider how important the competencies are in supporting and developing the Culture.
- Discuss the behaviours needed to demonstrate the competencies and how they will be measured and by whom (appraising managers, customers, service users, etc.)
Business Benefit :- To have an understanding of employment law and the organisations HR procedures is important for managers. Not only to protect the organisation from litigation,..More Info
Business Benefit :- No longer an occasional necessity, change has become almost an everyday feature of business life. The ever increasing pace of technological change and constant..More Info
Business Benefit:- The modern business environment demands that organisations constantly re-examine their business practises. The need for change is becoming almost a daily factor..More Info
Business Benefit :- Running a meeting is more than simply sitting down at the head of the table and telling people what you want. Structuring the meeting to get the most from the ..More Info
Business Benefit:- Effective project management is a vital requirement for any organisation involved in expansion or development. Without it budgets may over-run, deadlines be miss..More Info
Business Benefit:- Clear, concise written communication that projects a professional image is important to every organisation. This course focuses on the skills required to produce..More Info