Essential Skills For Work
Business Benefit :-
A one day course in communication skills for those just starting work
Duration 1 Day
Who Should Attend?
Essential Skills For Work has been designed to help new starters who have limited work experience to quickly become effective as a new member of the work force. The course offers a practical set of tools and techniques instantly useable in the workplace. The content is designed to complement and support any induction and role specific skills and technical training the learners may be undertaking.
- Understand the communication options available when at work
- Appreciate the barriers to effective communication and how to overcome them
- Define and act on best practice in customer services
- Understand and apply the concepts of internal and external customers
- Apply good telephone manners and techniques
- Understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar and etiquette for written communications
- Understand how to structure written communications
- Appreciate and apply appropriate style, content and etiquette for email
- Know how and when to use social media in the work environment
- Know how best to dress for work
- Develop and deploy improved interpersonal skills
- Understand their natural team roles and how to work best in a team
- The three elements of communication
- Choosing the right method of communication
- Who are my customers?
- What does good customer service look like?
- How to manage complaints
Professional Telephone Skills
- Telephone techniques including live role play of different scenarios
- Talking Business skills practice choosing the right words that work for work
Email for the workplace
- Tone and content, why are emails different to other forms of written communication?
- Structuring an email in the workplace
- Difficult emails and how to respond
- Best practice on attachments, errors and style
- Belbin team roles
- Interpersonal skills
- Understanding other peoples motivations?
- Dress codes
Business Benefit:- The modern business environment demands that organisations constantly re-examine their business practises. The need for change is becoming almost a daily factor..More Info
Business Benefit: Lync can be used to make and receive voice calls, video calls and instant messages, as well as sharing documents and recordings...More InfoReservation£495.00
Business Benefit :- Conflict can be inevitable no matter how well a company is run, and providing people have the skills in place, positive benefits can result from conflict situa..More Info
Business Benefit :- Work related stress is now one of the biggest causes of absence from the workplace and trends indicate that the figures are getting worse not better. Some degr..More Info
Business Benefit :- This course is for those in an organisation who have to manage risk and resources and to give them the knowledge and skills they require to address risks and h..More InfoReservation£650.00
Business Benefit :- Wherever there is a customer and a provider, there is a need for service management. With an IT-related service, the Information Technology Infrastructure Libra..More InfoReservation£750.00