Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Business Benefit :-
To understand how the finance function uses finance targets and measures and how budgets and forecasts are managed that will impact on your day to day operational decisions.
Duration 1 Day
Who should attend?
Account Managers and Sales Executives who wish to make the best use of their time and optimise their sales efforts
- Explain the main accounting statements, i.e. P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow
- Explore budget objectives and the different methods of creating budgets
- Understand what is meant by variances and how they can be controlled
- Understand the difference between fixed and variable costs
- Discuss how long term decisions are made and the different techniques used for making capital investment decisions and how depreciation is calculated
- Consider other management methods, e.g. balanced scorecard
- Create an action plan for improving the management of budgets
- The basic principles of company accounts.
- Objectives of budgets
- Monitoring budgets
- Overcoming the “balance sheet barrier”.
- “Money In”