Handling Difficult Telephone Conversations
Telephones play a huge part in communication, both internally and externally for any organisation. They also play a big part in the image people form about an organisation. Handling difficult telephone conversations in a positive and professional way is an essential skill.
Duration: 1 Day
- Demonstrate telephone competence and confidence
- Understand the do’s and don’ts of taking and making calls
- Demonstrate the skills of dealing with difficult conversations
- Create a personal implementation plan
- Anatomy of a telephone complaint: the difference in emotion from a face-to-face situation, and the tendency for the telephone to contribute towards increased hostility.
- Experiencing the immediacy of a difficult caller and how to deal with the first few seconds.
- Ignoring the hostility, but listening to the caller – being quiet but letting the caller know you are still with them.
- Understanding empathy and depth- empathy, and how to apply them.
- Diffusing-techniques using transactional analysis and assertiveness.
- Finding practical solutions and ensuring the caller feels valued.
- Ending the call and follow-up.
- Evaluating the substance behind the call and entering this into an incident-log.
Business Benefit :- Sales are the life blood of most companies but the cost of running a sales force can be considerable. One of the best ways of maximising its profitability is t..More Info
Business Benefit:- Both legal and moral imperatives make Equality and Diversity in the workplace a prerequisite for any organisation working in today's multicultural society. Thi..More Info
Business Benefit :- To fully benefit from an upgrade to a new version of software the users need to know the new features quickly so they can immediately profit from the changes...More InfoReservation£495.00
Business Benefit :- Cycling is not only environmentally friendly, but also great for both your physical and mental health. Our 2 hour Cycling Safely workshops will help employers ..More InfoReservation£495.00
Business Benefit :- This SQL Introduction programming course teaches relational database fundamentals and SQL programming skills. Topics covered include relational database archit..More InfoReservation£700.00
Business Benefit :- Most organisations recognise the enormous benefits to be gained through creating a culture of Delegation and Empowerment. Despite this many managers fail to fu..More Info