Influencing & Persuading
Business Benefit :-
It is not just sales people who need to be able to influence and persuade others. Practically everyone in an organisation needs to be able to use these skills from time to time. For some employees they are a vital tool to doing their job effectively. Good influencing and persuading skills lead to greater cooperation between employees and reduce conflict and stress. This course is designed to develop those skills and achieve ‘win/win’ outcomes as a result.
Duration 1 Day
TOL – This can be booked as a Time Optimised Learning course
Who should attend?
Anyone who would benefit from a greater ability to influence and persuade at all levels in the workplace.
- Describe the differences between persuasion, influence and manipulation
- Demonstrate the essential skills of persuasion
- Describe the importance of trust and credibility
- Demonstrate effective questioning and listening skills
- Describe the three tiers of influencing
- Plan your negotiation and create “win/win” outcomes
- Create a personal implementation plan
- Persuasion versus Manipulation
- The Persuasion Structure
- Demonstrating confidence in expression
- The skills of assertiveness
- Influencing techniques
- Defensive positions