IOSH Managing Safely
Business Benefit :-
This course is for those in an organisation who have to manage risk and resources and to give them the knowledge and skills they require to address risks and hazards In the workplace.
Duration 4 Days
Who should attend?
Any manager who is responsible for the health and safety of their staff
- Perform Risk assessments
- Investigate and document accidents
- Complete necessary documentation
- A practical project to be completed within 2 weeks of completion of the course
- There is also a final multichoice examination with two mock assessments on days 2 and 3
- Why is it important to Manage Safely?
- What are your responsibilities as a Manager?
- What is Risk?
- What is a Risk Assessment?
- How are Risk Assessments carried out?
- How do you reduce risk?
- How do you decide, which control measure to use?
- What does the Law require?
- What are the Key parts of a H&S Management System?
- Common Hazards x 17
- What can you do?
- Why investigate accidents?
- How do Accidents & Incidents happen?
- Carry out an investigation?
- What is performance measurement?
- How do you measure performance?
- What is auditing?
- What is the impact of industry on the environment?
- How can you control pollution & waste?
- What are the main elements of an Environmental Management System (EMS)?