Managing and Resolving Conflict
Business Benefit :-
Conflict can be inevitable no matter how well a company is run, and providing people have the skills in place, positive benefits can result from conflict situations. This course examines how conflict can arise, the various techniques for dealing with it and provides an opportunity for delegates to practice new skills.
Duration 1 Day
Who should attend?
Anyone who is or could be involved in conflict situations and who need the confidence to bring about a positive resolution.
- Understand the root causes and nature of conflict
- Better understand of how personalities can have a bearing on conflict escalation and resolution
- How to recognise and anticipate emerging conflict
- Manage and resolve conflict
- Resolve conflict to produce more positive outcomes
- Identify and deal with behaviours which trigger conflict
- Possible causes of internal conflict, e.g. personal versus business objectives/values
- Causes of interpersonal friction at work, including bullying and harassment
- The effects of conflict on performance and the individual at work
- Stages in the development of conflict
- The manager’s responsibility in minimising and resolving conflict, and techniques to achieve this
- Ways to create harmony at work and engender a positive atmosphere
These credits can be counted towards an ILM level 3 Qualification upon completion of a work based assignment.