Business Benefit :-
One of the most important factors in determining the success of an operation is the level of motivation within the people involved. Highly motivated individuals demonstrate extraordinary levels of effort and commitment, whereas demotivated staff will drag down productivity and create a negative working environment. This course is designed to create an environment where individual motivation blooms and staff become reenergised, focused and keen to get the best result possible.
Duration 1 Day
TOL – This can be booked as a Time Optimised Learning course
Who should attend?
Managers or supervisors who would like to understand how to create a working environment where staff become highly motivated and achieve real job satisfaction.
- Dispel the common myths associated with motivation
- Understand the impact a manager”s beliefs and actions have on motivation
- Outline the main principles of human motivation as described by McGregor, Hertzberg and Maslow
- Demonstrate a strategy for applying these principles
- Describe the basic management skills that engender motivation
- Create an action plan to improve motivation in the workplace
- The common myths of motivation
- McGregor’s “Theory X and Theory Y” approach to management
- Hertzberg’s “Hygiene Theory”
- Maslow’s “Hierarchy of Needs”
- Putting the theories into practise
- Encouraging motivation through actions
- Post course implementation plans