Problem Solving & Making Decisions
Business Benefit :-
Problems and progress go hand in hand. So goes the old adage and it seems just as relevant in today’s business environment as it ever did. New technology, a changing market place, increasing customer expectations; all these things can throw up problem after problem, all of which require answers if the organisation is to succeed. This course looks at Problem Solving as a skill and aims to equip delegates with a framework on which to develop that skill.
Duration 1 Day
Who should attend?
Anyone who is involved with problem solving on a regular basis.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Know how to describe a problem, its nature, scope and impact
- Know how to gather and interpret information to solve a problem
- Know how to plan the implementation and communication of decisions
- Simple ways to recognise, investigate and analyse problems
- Objective setting in relation to problems
- Brainstorming and creative thinking techniques
- Difference between data and information
- How to calculate and use simple averages and basic summary statistics
- How to prepare and use grouped data and tables
- Interpretation of charts and diagrams
- Methods of indexing, referencing and structuring qualitative information
- How to evaluate options
- The importance of adequate and relevant information for effective decision-making
- Identification of what information is relevant to specific decisions
- Simple decision making techniques
- Effective presentation of a case i.e. providing facts and evidence, not just opinion
- Monitoring and review techniques to evaluate outcomes of problem solving activities