First impressions count and an organisation’s reception staff are the ‘face and voice’ of that organisation. In today’s competitive environment those first impressions might mean the difference between winning or losing the deal. Building the essential skills of a receptionist including creating the right professional image is the focus of this course.
Duration 1 Day
TOL – This can be booked as a Time Optimised Learning course
Who should attend?
People who need to project a professional image whilst managing the reception area of an organisation.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the role and responsibilities of a receptionist
- Demonstrate effective questioning and listening skills
- Describe how to project a professional image
- Demonstrate the essential skills of taking messages, dealing with calls and receiving visitors
- Manage your time effectively
- Understanding your role in representing your company
- Defining your customers and your responsibilities to them
- Projecting a professional image
- Questioning and listening skills
- Essential reception skills
- Dealing with difficult situations – remaining calm under pressure
- Managing your time effectively