Business Benefit :-
Work related stress is now one of the biggest causes of absence from the workplace and trends indicate that the figures are getting worse not better. Some degree of stress in our lives is vital. It is what keeps us alert and helps us develop, however, too much stress can lead to both mental and physical illness. This course is designed to help us understand what stress is and then outlines the strategies for managing it. It can help us to restore calmness, clarity and concentration to the workplace.
Duration 1 Day
TOL – This can be booked as a Time Optimised Learning course
Who should attend?
Anyone who wishes to be able to better manage the pressures they face at work.
- Identify the different types of stress and its causes
- Describe the effects of stress in the workplace
- Practise positive thinking and relaxation techniques
- Create a personal “Stress Management Plan”
- Understanding Stress- what is it and how does it happen?
- The signs, symptoms, causes and triggers of stress
- Understanding a stressful mind-set
- Recognising stress induced behaviours
- Managing stress – ‘Stress Busters’
- Dealing with anxiety and panic – preventing stress
- Learning how to relax
- How to take the stress out of managing others