The Brilliant Manager
Most organisations recognise that ‘First Line Management’ is a pivotal role in the success of a business or project. Without a sound understanding of the manager’s role and a good grasp of the basic skills, many may struggle, flounder and possibly fail. This course provides that understanding and kick-starts the development of those skills.
Duration 1 Day
Who Should Attend?
This course is invaluable for everybody involved in working with people, projects or information. Those new to management who need to acquire and develop management skills. Also experienced managers who would benefit from re-acquainting themselves with the basics.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define the purpose and objectives of the management role
- Understand the different ways people manage and identify the most successful management behaviours
- Describe the basic principles of team building
- Demonstrate how to manage the performance of individuals and teams
- Understand what motivates people and how to develop that motivation
- Demonstrate the key skills of coaching
- Produce a personal development plan that will help you implement the learning.
- Understand management and leadership
- Establish how to build an effective team
- Establish where your team is in line with Tuckman theory
- Establish your leadership style
- Learn your Belbin type
- Understand the importance of performance management and setting objectives
- Understand ways to manage your time, examine your job role and work smarter
- Learn how to motivate your team
- Consider your thoughts on change and how to manage change
- Feel increased confidence to enable you to be a Brilliant Manager.
Telephones play a huge part in communication, both internally and externally for any organisation. They also play a big part in the image people form about an organisation. Handlin..More InfoReservation£795.00
Business Benefit :- This one-day course provides an introduction to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. The course focuses on the user interface and working with the application and provides ..More InfoReservation£595.00
Business Benefit:- To be able to write a generic business case...More Info
Business Benefit :- It is not always possible for an organisation to be able to attend to the development needs of every member of staff by consultation with their line manager. T..More InfoReservation£395.00
Business Benefit:- Being able to handle large amounts of raw data can be a problem in today's businesses. The tools and techniques learnt on this course will arm you with the knowl..More InfoReservation£199.00
Business Benefit :- Keeping the audience interested and getting your message across are two important objectives when creating presentations. Using the more advanced features of P..More InfoReservation£255.00