Business Benefit :-
Transactional Analysis (TA) is a well proven aide to communication and teamwork and many organisations have benefited from its implementation. TA is also a powerful tool for managing change and dealing with negativity and conflict in the workplace. This 2 day course outlines the basic principles and skills of Transactional Analysis and how to apply them in day to day work situations.
Duration 2 Days
Who should attend?
Anyone wishing to gain a better understanding of Transactional Analysis as an aide to communication and a powerful tool for change in both work and personal life.
- Describe the theory and basic principles of TA
- Demonstrate “stroke theories”
- Describe the various “transaction types”
- Explore “early decisions” and their role
- Describe the four levels of “discounting”
- Introduction to the Theory and History of Transactional Analysis
- The Ego State Model
- Ego state exclusion and contamination
- Transactions, strokes and time structuring
- Autonomy and intimacy
- Early Decisions
- Life “positions” and “OKness”
- Contracts for change and open communication
- Steering communication with awareness of transaction types
- Leadership style, power profile and transaction content
- The foundations of denial
- The four levels of discounting